As things return towards normal following the Covid-19 pandemic we continue to take measures to protect our patients, staff and the community in general.
If you have any symptoms which could be related to Covid-19 we would ask you not to attend the practice until you are feeling better or have had a negative test result (Lateral Flow or PCR test).
Once you have booked an appointment, we will send you an email 2 days before your appointment day. The email contains a link to our online portal so that you can complete or update your confidential medical questionnaire.
The first 5 questions relate to covid-19:
Have you had a high temperature (37.8C or above) or fever in the past 10 days?
Have you had a new continuous cough in the past 10 days?
Have you suffered a new loss or change in your sense of smell or taste in the past 10 days?
Have you been advised to self-isolate?
Have you, or anyone in your household, had a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19 in the past 10 days?
If you answer any of these questions with a “Yes” please contact the practice to discuss your forthcoming appointment.
We have always taken the prevention of cross infection very seriously and have made various improvements in response to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- We will try and communicate with you by email whenever possible rather than sending printed papers by post
- Hand sanitiser is available to patients and staff and patients throughout the practice. Please help yourself as you arrive and whenever you wish during your time at the practice.
- All staff are vaccinated against Covid-19 and receive boosters in line with Government guidance.
- Protective screens at reception.
- HEPA air filtration in all surgeries
- Improved ventilation in all surgeries